Monday, September 2, 2013

Movie Weekend


We, in Southern California, experienced something this past weekend that much of the rest of the country experiences regularly.  Unfortunately for us, we are largely ill prepared to deal with this.  It happens occasionally, and each time its as if the apocalypse is upon us.  What am I talking about?  Humidity, of course.  

I am the first to admit that I don't do heat well.  I much prefer rain and cold to heat.  I love fall and winter.  Well, I love So Cal winter.  When it hits, like, 65 degrees, I bring out the Uggs, pea coats, and scarves.  

All that being said, it was about 100 degrees this weekend, with a whole lot more humidity than I was prepared to deal with.  So, in order to beat the heat, I hit up the cheap movie theater in Norwalk and used them for their air conditioning.  This particular theater is not quite as nice as a typical theater, and the movies are movies that are on their way to DVD.  I saw 3 movies here this weekend.  But hey, at $2 a movie- it was still cheaper than seeing 1 movie at a nicer theater.  And, if I haven't seen a movie yet, what do I care if it's been out for several weeks or months?  

Here was the run down:

White House Down-  Loved it.  I am not a chick-flick girl very often.  My favorite movies are ones where things are being blown up.  This fit the bill.  And Jamie Foxx is fantastic.  And Channing Tatum?  Doesn't matter what movie he's in, I'd watch it.  

Now You See Me-  Loved it.  This may have been my favorite of the weekend.  It was full of twists.  I am generally pretty good at guessing how things are going to end- and I didn't see this one coming right away.  

Man of Steel-  Snore.  Henry Cavill is hot and Amy Adams is adorable, but this movie was way too long and actually kind of boring.  I almost feel like it should have been broken into 2 movies, each with a little more back story and build-up.

This was the first weekend in nearly 3 months where I had literally nothing planned.  I loved it.  Tomorrow is the first day of the last term of my Master's degree- so that should be fun.  Wish me luck!  

And, the perfect way to end any post- pictures of my great-niece, born yesterday!  (For those of you who care, that is my sister's son's baby :) 

My dad, aka: Papa, holding his first great-grandchild 

Proud mom and dad- isn't my nephew cute?

Me, with this sweet baby girl.  Holding a baby is good for the soul! 
Isn't she adorable??  If you don't love pictures of a baby, you're a troll.  Have a great week, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment