Monday, September 30, 2013

SUP

Stand Up Paddle boarding.  Its amazing.  I'll first say that I have next to no balance.  I'm actually surprised I can stand without falling over sometimes.  My best friend and I purchased some Living Social vouchers to rent paddle boards at a place in Newport Beach.  Shore SUP & Yoga was adorable.  Oh yea, did I mention our vouchers gave us the option of either paddle board rentals or a SUP yoga class?  Ha.  Ha.  Ha.  Like I could ever balance enough to get into Warrior 2 on a paddle board.

Anyway- having never attempted paddle boarding before, I was super excited, and fully aware of the fact that I was going to fall straight into the ocean.  Given my most recent experience with ocean sports (ocean kayaking) I went in being realistic.  I was thrilled when the two sexy beach bum dudes that worked @ the shop said they would teach us how to paddle board.  Unfortunately the "lesson" went a little something like this:

Sexy dude #1:  So, you pretty much just center your weight and jump onto your feet
Sexy dude #2: Yea, its really easy- like surfing kind of.
Jen and I: *blank stares*

Then they proceeded to help us get on the boards at the shore, pushed us away, and said they'd be back in 2 hours to get the boards.

Fortunately for us, we are great and improvising and, while the first half of our adventure was spend on our knees, I was able to stand up and balance without falling into the water once!  WIN.  I will for sure try paddle boarding again.  In fact, maybe next time, we'll go across the marina... how adventurous would that be?!   

No comments:

Post a Comment