Thursday, August 22, 2013

Introduction

I'd life to first start by saying that I, in no way, claim to be perfect.  I am, however, extremely persistent when I want to be.  My goal for the near future is to work on attaining that perfect balance of persistence while also taking time to enjoy life.  I'm about 5 months away from completing my Master's degree, I just started anew job that is stretching me in all kinds of ways I didn't imagine it would, and all the while I'm trying to maintain some semblance of a social life.

This blog is for me.  It could peak someone's interest somewhere.  Maybe.  Or not.  I have no idea.  I may attract a follower or 2.  Or none.  And honestly, I'm OK with that.  I need somewhere to unload my thoughts, somewhere to make resolutions to the massive expanse that is the internet, somewhere to share my struggles, and somewhere to celebrate my wins.  If anyone would like to join me on that journey- I welcome you.

Over the next few months I have some goals:
1. Reduce the amount of unhealthy things I consume
2. Start and continue to practice yoga
3. Run
4. Cook/Eat more meals at home
5. Invest in someone else's life
6. Finish my degree

Each of these will get touched on in the coming weeks.  For now, just know, they are all things I've been wanting to do for some time, but I've never really truly committed to them.  So this is it.  This is me committing.  No excuses.

Any advice for staying to committed to goals like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment