Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tom's Pictures

About 3 months ago I transitioned into a new role at the University I work for.  I left an office I was very comfortable in, for an office where I knew no one and lacked some skills that I need to develop but had a ton of functional knowledge that made it a good move.  I have good days and bad days- there are some days when I want to quit- or punch someone in the face- and there are other days that feel like total wins to me.  Its a big, huge learning process.  So far, overall, so good.

I have this coworker- his name is Tom.  He is our resident office artist.  When I first started I noticed drawing on several of my coworker's whiteboards.  I thought it was cute.  Then, one day, I came in to find Snow White on my whiteboard.  The next week it was Sleeping Beauty.  Then Ariel.  Apparently the "Princess" reputation that I earned in my old office followed me here ;)  When my old office threw me a going-away party- I got a crown!

Anywho- the pictures Tom creates on my whiteboard are actually pretty great!  So, I just thought I'd share them with you :)

The first




Tom and I missed each other for several days that week...

So he just kept adding on...

I think the seaweed really makes it





 I'm hoping for Rapunzel from Tangled soon!

1 comment: